Theme and Speaker
Does science prove that the Universe formed itself, with no Creator being involved? Or did God create the Universe in a Big Bang, using evolutionary processes afterwards to (eventually) create mankind? Or should we instead accept as truth the straightforward interpretation of the Bible—that God created the Earth, and everything on it, in six 24-hour days, about 6,000 years ago?
Modern culture promotes the first idea—that science has removed the need for God as an explanation of the world around us. Many Christians endorse the second idea—that secular ideas about evolution can be reconciled with Scripture. But the truth is found in the third idea—as we will discover in our upcoming conference.
Our speaker is Spike Psarris, formerly an engineer in the United States’ military space program. He entered that program as an atheist and an evolutionist, and left it as a creationist and a believer in Yeshua. He now speaks on science, creation, and the Bible, and is the author/producer of the DVD series What You Aren’t Being Told About Astronomy. As an atheist and secular humanist, Spike believed that science had throughly disproven the Biblical account of history. When confronted with scientific and historical evidence in favor of the Bible, Spike tried to disprove it. After much effort, he had to admit that this attempt was a failure, and that the Biblical account of Creation was true. Some time after this, he became a Christian. During his talks, he often says: “There are many atheists who claim that Christians believe in creation only because they are forced to do so by their faith in God. Supposedly, if Christians could look at the evidence objectively, without being blinded by their faith, then they would see all this scientific evidence for the Big Bang, millions of years of Darwinian evolution, and so on. But the opposite is true. Personally, I became a creationist because of the scientific evidence, *before* I became a Christian. And I know many others who went through a similar process. As Bible believers, we should embrace science. Science is on our side. Despite the atheistic bias in our culture, there is actually abundant scientific evidence that denies atheistic original models, while supporting the Bible as a true account of history.”
In this conference, Spike will give a series of talks on this issue. Topics will include:
- The importance of creation to the Bible. Compromising on the creation issue leads inexorably to a compromise of Scriptural authority, and ultimately the Gospel itself. Few Christians have really thought through the implications of accepting the secular viewpoints on history, evolution, etc. Nor are they aware of the full implications of a Darwinian worldview, which will also be discussed.
- Dinosaurs and the age of the Earth. In our culture, dinosaurs are presented as slam-dunk proof of millions of years and so on. But the opposite is true: there’s lots of evidence that dinosaurs died recently (thousands of years ago) in a global Flood, as described in Genesis 6ff.
- Evidence for a global Flood. Few Christians realize how essential the Flood is, in explaining the world around us. Nor do they understand that a denial of this event is built into the secular interpretive framework of geology. Thus, by accepting secular interpretations of the geological record, Christians are unknowingly denying the truth of the Bible.
- Age issues, from the Earth, out into the Solar System, and then the Universe. Are these objects really billions of years old? Or were they created just thousands of years ago, as the Bible says? Includes a discussion of over one dozen dating methods, and the incorrect assumptions that are necessary in order to justify a belief in millions/billions of years.
- Atheism and science. Setting aside any discussion of specific scientific evidence, one can still confirm the truth of Scripture just by the fact that the scientific method works. For science to be possible, several things must be true about the Universe. Atheism, when taken to its logical conclusion, denies all of these requirements. Thus, if science works, atheism is false. Furthermore, among all theistic worldviews, the Biblical worldview alone makes sense of the world we see around us.
- Astronomy and cosmology. Secular astronomical models cannot explain the origins of celestial objects in space: stars, galaxies, the planets of our Solar System, and indeed, the entire cosmos itself. In this presentation, full of photographs and graphics from NASA and other sources, you’ll see that the Universe is inconsistent with random evolutionary models. Instead, the heavens declare the glory of God.
Venue and Duration
The venue of the 15th APMF Conference in the Philippines will be at the H100 Eco Lodge in Baguio City. It is located at #358 Lower Magsaysay Ave., Cathedral of the Resurrection Compound, Baguio City, Philipppines.
The conference will be from Thursday, June 8, 2017 to Sunday, June 11, 2017. Registration starts at 1:00 PM on June 8, 2017 and the conference proper begins at 3:00 PM.
Arrival and Departure for Overseas Participants
We suggest that overseas participants arrive in Manila on Wednesday, June 7. There is an addtional 4-6 hour bus trip from Manila to Baguio so please include that time in your travel plans when arriving and departing..
Unfortunately, this year, the conference committee will not be arranging for the accommodations of participants. There are several hotels in Baguio you can look at online and book your stay.
You can also arrange your booking with the venue. Room details are as follows:
- 3 Standard Rooms available good for 3-4 people at PHP1,200 per night
- 1 Double Deck Room available good for 4-5 people at PHP1,400 per night
- 1 Family Room available good for 4-5 people at PHP1,800 per night
Breakfast is NOT included with the room but may be purchased at the restaurant. Eco Lodge contact details are as follows: Landline: (074) 661-3227, Cell: 09301509846/09209275038, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: H100 Ecolodge
The Conference fee is PHP 2,800.
Fees include an AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, and Dinner on June 8 and 9 as well as the Conference Kit. A conference registration fee of PHP500.00 will be charged for those who would like to attend but will not avail of the meals.
The Conference fee will be paid on arrival at the Registration Desk at the venue.
Registration and Contact Information
To register, please download the Registration Form. You may also submit the form by congregation/community/church.